Join Your Favorite Authors: Book Signing Events
The Connecticut Renaissance Faire hosts a “Meet the Author” Book Signing Event every day of their season, featuring a different fantasy or sci-fi author each day. Aspiring and established authors alike are invited to participate in the event, which provides an opportunity to showcase their work to guests of the Faire.
First-time authors are given first choice on the date they’d like to participate, with remaining slots opened to previous authors once new author slots have been filled.
If you’re interested in becoming a fantasy author at the event, here are the key details:
- Who: Fantasy authors from around the United States focused on New England, New York, and New Jersey.
- What: A one-day book signing event at The Connecticut Renaissance Faire.
- Where: Lebanon Country Fairgrounds, 122 Mack Road, Lebanon, CT
- When: On a single day of the Faire’s current run dates. All authors must be at their signing event from 1:30 to 3:30, but you are encouraged to sell and sign for the entire Faire day (10:30 am to 6:00 pm).
- Why: To meet new fans, sell books, and grow your fan base.
- Cost: This event is FREE for approved authors. The Faire does not take a commission on your sales. Everything you earn is yours.
While we cannot guarantee sales, many factors contribute to a successful signing day, including your presentation, sales technique, and the books you’re selling. In the past, our top-selling author made over $700 selling a book series. Don’t miss out on the chance to meet new fans, grow your audience, and potentially earn some extra income.
Please note that this program is specifically for book sales only. However, if you wish to sell other products at the Faire, we encourage you to apply as a guest merchant. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing your book sales soar!
The Connecticut Renaissance Faire is an outdoor event. We provide you with the following:
- A sheltered area
- A covered 6′ table
- Two chairs for you and an assistant
You will need to bring any additional table coverings you’d like to use. You will also need to provide your books, pens, and any marketing materials you’d usually get for a book signing event.
Although we love it when authors dress up as a character from their book, it is not a requirement for the signing event. We understand that not all authors may have costumes, and we welcome them to participate regardless.
You’ll have ample opportunities to showcase your work as the number of visitors passing by your signing area will be significant. On average, we receive 3,125 guests per day, which tends to increase on holiday weekends, and the longer the faire runs, the busier we get. While inclement weather can affect the turnout, you can still expect to see a substantial number of visitors throughout the day. Plus, visitors tend to pass by your signing area several times a day, giving you multiple opportunities to make an impression.
We appreciate having you at the Faire and hope you enjoy your experience with us. If you’d like to support us, there are many ways you can give back. We encourage you to actively promote your signing event on social media, your email list, and any other platform where you share news about your books. Even when it isn’t your signing weekend, sharing about the Faire can help us gain more exposure and bring in more guests.
As a small business, we rely on the support of our community. If you become famous, we would be grateful if you remember the Faire and give us a shoutout on your platform. Your support could help us grow and potentially even secure a permanent site in the future. Thank you for being part of our Faire family.
I’M INTERESTED. HOW DO I SIGN UP?
If you are interested in participating, please email our Marketing Director, Eric, at email@example.com.
- Subject: Make sure your subject line reads “Meet the Author.”
- Books: Let us know what books you have written that you plan to feature at your signing.
- Links: Please provide any links to your website, Facebook page, online store, or other social media accounts related to your book.
These spaces fill quickly. Please reach out to us through our Facebook page if Eric doesn’t respond within a few days. We will respond to let you know whether you are approved (or not) and provide a password to access our signup page.