We are looking for artisans & crafters, food merchants and a limited number of resale items. These are some of the things we are looking for in our merchants.
- Faire Experience: You have attended a Renaissance Faire as a patron, have your own costume, and understand what it takes to work at a Renaissance Festival.
- General Experience: Sales isn’t new to you. You have sold your wares at a craft show or Renaissance Faire in the past.
- Demos: It is a plus if you are able to demonstrate your craft to the public in an informative, entertaining, and educational way.
- E-List: It is a plus if you have a substantial email list you can network to your customers with.
- Engaging: You understand how important it is to play a role, engage customers in a friendly manner and offer Faire guests an enjoyable shopping experience they can’t get in a regular store. You can hawk your wares tactfully without being a pushy salesperson.
- Facebook: It is a plus if your business has a Facebook Fan Page. The more fans the bigger the plus. While you’re here, check out ours.
- Go Getter: You actively work to bring awareness of your booth at our show to the public using the methods shown on our Tell a Friend page and other means at your disposal including Facebook, emailing lists, etc. You’d like to do this for a living and are not satisfied with a “happy to just break even” attitude.
- Handcrafted: Preference goes to artisans and crafters whose wares are 90% handmade by them.
- Locals: It is a plus if you are from the New England, New York or New Jersey area.
- Recommendations: It is a plus if one or more of our current merchants recommend your work.
- Team Player : You are someone who follows the rules and wants to work with the Faire toward mutual success.
- Website: It is a plus if you have a website that features your business.
Our marketing campaign is ongoing throughout the year maintain top of mind awareness with our fans through a large email list and organic social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram). As our event approaches, our campaign becomes stronger pulling in an aggressive mix of print, television, radio, outdoor, and digital advertising coupled with a strong public relations and paid social media campaign.
Merchants in our seven-weekend event noted exceptional sales and continue to participate in the show year after year.