AUDITION FOR THE SHOW
Stage Combat • Voice • Period Dialect • Interacting With The Public • Improvisation
ABOUT OUR PERFORMANCES
WHAT YOU NEED FOR YOUR AUDITION
Our audition process is low-stress. If you’ve got a lot of acting experience it will be a breeze. If you’re new or you’ve never done anything like this before, we’ll guide you through the process. Here are some of the things you’ll need for your audition:
Queen Elizabeth has invited King Henry III and his court to visit once again during the Connecticut Renaissance Faire in our village of Lebanshire. However, the Bishop Charles de Bourbon is still upset over the cold and unusual reception during their last visit. So, he has brought along an expert swordsman to stack the deck for this year’s “friendly competition”. Fortunately for the villagers of Lebanshire we find that the English are more than up to the task.
- Queen Elizabeth I, our ruling monarch.
- Dr. John Dee, a well intention, though quite mad, scientist.
- Chief Gentlewoman Blanche, a funny and forward lady of the court.
- Countess of Shrewsbury, Bess of Hardwick, a stern counsel to the Queen.
- Baron William Cecil, a silly and nervous advisor.
- King Henry III, a troubled visiting monarch.
- Bishop Charles de Bourbon, a church leader with nefarious intentions.
- Brother Jacques, ally to the Bishop.
- General Gaspard de Saulx, a short tempered, but good man.
- Lady Renee, a companion to the king’s court.
- Sebastian, a lethal French swordsman
Additional Crown Players including Cordelia Mare, Giddy Gloom, Douglas Doom, and many others.
PEOPLE OF THE SHIRE
Our actors play a variety of characters that breathe life into the kingdom for guests. We could be anything ranging from a visiting king or queen to the butcher, baker, or candlestick maker. Whatever the role, we have a blast bringing history to life in a fun, creative way.