AUDITION FOR THE SHOW
Stage Combat • Voice • Period Dialect • Interacting With The Public • Improvisation
ABOUT OUR PERFORMANCES
WHAT YOU NEED FOR YOUR AUDITION
Our audition process is low-stress. If you’ve got a lot of acting experience it will be a breeze. If you’re new or you’ve never done anything like this before, we’ll guide you through the process. Here are some of the things you’ll need for your audition:
Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, has accepted a visitation from King Henry III and members of the Catholic Church. The meeting to be the first of a possible courtship between the two monarchs. However, the day’s events are complicated by the Queen’s malady, with mad medicine, meddling clergy, and plenty of comical errors.
- Queen Elizabeth I, our ruling monarch.
- Dr. John Dee, a well-intentioned, though quite mad, scientist.
- Chief Gentlewoman Blanche, a funny and forward lady of the court.
- Countess of Shrewsbury, Bess of Hardwick, a stern counsel to the Queen.
- Baron William Cecil, a silly and nervous advisor.
- King Henry III, a troubled visiting monarch.
- Bishop Charles de Bourbon, a church leader with nefarious intentions.
- Brother Jacques, ally to the Bishop.
- General Gaspard de Saulx, a short-tempered, but a good man.
- Lady Renee, a companion to the king’s court.
PEOPLE OF THE SHIRE
Our actors play a variety of characters that breathe life into the kingdom for guests. We could be anything ranging from a visiting king or queen to the butcher, baker, or candlestick maker. Whatever the role, we have a blast bringing history to life in a fun, creative way.